Detective comics comic books issue 225
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($195.00) will be charged at checkout. It has been graded by mycomicshop's experienced graders and ships immediately from our office.
- Restored (see item notes)
- RESTORATION. Minor color touch, staples replaced.
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($25.50) will be charged at checkout. It ships immediately from our office.
- Paper: Cream to off white
- Slab: New, unblemished
- Spine of cover completely split and re-attached with tape. Moderate amount of tape on cover and interior cover.
- Label #1361559001
Cover art by Win Mortimer. If I Were Batman starring Batman and Robin, script by Edmond Hamilton, pencils by Sheldon Moldoff, inks by Charles Paris. Do You Know Your Neighbors? public service announcement starring Buzzy, script by Jack Schiff, art by Win Mortimer. The Money That Came to Life! starring Roy Raymond TV Detective, script by Jack Miller, art by Ruben Moreira. Four Tricks of the Detective's Trade text article by Jack Miller. The Strange Experiment of Dr. Erdel starring John Jones Manhunter From Mars, script by Joe Samachson, art by Joe Certa. 32 pgs. $0.10. Cover price $0.10.
For 37 years, DC comics have been printed at World Color Press in Sparta, Illinois. Now that era comes to an end as DC switches to new printing processes...but DC's not forgetting that part of its long history. DC presents the DC SILVER AGE CLASSICS, the last books printed on these presses. To commemorate the end of this era in comics publishing, ten classic comic books that were originally printed at World Color Press are being printed there again. The DC SILVER AGE CLASSICS have been selected for their importance to the history of the field and to the continuing heritage of DC Comics. THIS ISSUE: In the comic that many consider to be the start of the Silver Age, J'onn J'onzz, the Martian Manhunter, makes his initial appearance in "The Strange Experiment of Dr. Erdel." Also included is "If I Were Batman," in which Commissioner Gordon and Bruce Wayne get to 'be' Batman, and a story of Roy Raymond, TV Detective in "The Money That Came to Life!" Cover price $1.00.