100 Greatest Console Video Games: 1977-1987 HC (2014 Schiffer) comic books 1938 or later
1st printing. By Brett Weiss. The 100 Greatest Console Video Games: 1977-1987 By Brett Weiss, author of the Classic Home Video Games book series. There have been many top 100 books before, but rarely one like this. Here are the best of the early video games, shown in over 400 color photos and described in incredible detail in the entertaining and informative text. Each game's chapter features production history, critical commentary, quotes from industry professionals, gameplay details, comparisons to other games, and more. This book celebrates the very best of the interactive entertainment industry's games from a highly crucial, fondly remembered decade. This pivotal period was marked by the introduction of the indispensable Atari 2600, Odyssey2, and Intellivision, the unleashing of the underrated Vectrex, the mind-blowing debut of the next-gen ColecoVision and Atari 5200, plus the rebirth of the industry through Nintendo's legendary juggernaut, the NES. Whether you're young or old, new to the hobby or a hardcore collector, this book will introduce you to or further educate you on some of the greatest, most historically important games ever made. Hardcover, 6-in. x 9-in., 224 pages, full color.
NOTE: What the critics are saying about The 100 Greatest Console Video Games: 1977-1987:
* This is an amazing book...detailed information...very high quality all around. –8-Bit Eric
* A really cool book, really fascinating…I can tell that Brett put a lot of time into this. –Gamester81
* A treasure trove of information, pictures, and thoughts… a joy to read… If youre a student of the industry or just love the greatest generation of console gaming, then you pretty much need to give this one a serious look. –Brutal Gamer
* Truly beautiful from cover to cover...It should be a fixture on every coffee table in a video gaming household...Each section of the book is well-written and accompanied by high quality artwork and photos. – Patrick Scott Patterson
* Author Brett Weiss knows his stuff...a respected name in the classic gaming community...he provides insightful behind-the-scenes information...the book is suitable for just about any type of video game fan. – The Video Game Critic Cover price $34.99.