Jughead's Folly (1957) comic books 1956-1969
- 1/2" Spine split. Centerfold detached at one staple.
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($3.00) will be charged at checkout. It has been graded by MyComicShop's experienced graders.
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($4.50) will be charged at checkout.
- Paper: Off white to white
- Extra staples added during manufacturing.
- Label #1288433008
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($4.77) will be charged at checkout.
- Paper: Off white
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($1.14) will be charged at checkout. It has been graded by MyComicShop's experienced graders.
- Interior is complete. Front cover glued along most of spine. 6" spine rip from top of comic. Word balloon cut from front cover.
Possibly the 1st reference to Elvis Presly in comic books, according to Overstreet. Chapter #1 "Nobody!"; Jughead approaches Veronica because she is having a party and hasn't invited him. She and Betty call him a "Nobody"; Then he insults Big Moose accidentally, but Moose doesn't think he is worth hitting because he is a "nobody." Chapter 2 "Opportunity Knocks!"; He returns to the Chok'Lit Shop a little while later to drown his sorrows in a hamburger and is turned away by Pop Tate because he has no money; He goes to the juke box to sing with his favorite record, "Blue For You." Chapter #3 "Going Up!"; He gets on "Redfree's Talent Show" and wows the crowd by making them cry with his heartfelt voice. Chapter #4 "The Celebrity"; He becomes a huge star but has no freedom; All he wants is a hamburger, but his manager keeps him so busy he can't get any burgers. Chapter #5 "From Top To Bottom!"; He decides he can't handle stardown, so he destroys his career and gets fired by his manager. 36 pgs. Cover price $0.10.