Tense Suspense (1958) comic books 1956-1969
- 1 1/2 tear on cover (taped).
- 4 1/2" cumulative spine split.
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($1.28) will be charged at checkout. It has been graded by MyComicShop's experienced graders.
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($1.11) will be charged at checkout. It has been graded by MyComicShop's experienced graders.
"The Curse of Smallness," "Lord Rampion's Rage," "A Cry For Help," "Man Walking," "He Must Be Stopped," and "Those Eyes Are Evil!" Cover price $0.10.
- 1" cumulative spine split. Tear on back cover.
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($9.21) will be charged at checkout.
- Paper: White
- Pedigree: White Mountain
- White Mountain.
- Label #0763598004
Cover art by Dick Ayers. "To Be Young Again!" one-page story, art by Dick Ayers; Scientist Ainsley invents a youth serum at the Forrest Research Foundation. "Too Late!", art by Dick Ayers; Emanuel Maxwell, a brilliant scientist, goes to a mountain resort for rest; He falls in love with Gretchen; Her companion, Hans, taunts Maxwell into climbing a mountain with him. "Don't Throw That Switch!", art by Dick Ayers; Mad scientist Lester invents a "Gravity Suspendor"; His college friend Frank rushes to stop him; A flash of lightning supposedly stops Lester from activating the device. "The First" text story. "They Come to the Canyon," art by Dick Ayers; Mr. Baxter, a circus owner, hires Mr. Hodges, a guide, to find a race of giants; The search is actually part of a giant's nightmare. "Strange" one-page story, art by Dick Ayers. "Gratitude on a Very Dark Night," art by Dick Ayers; Old John Dunn is kind to everyone, even his scarecrow; He withdraws all of his savings to give to his granddaughter for her wedding. "Both of Me in Budapest!", art by Dick Ayers; Mad scientist Ivan Kreisler invents a beam that makes a duplicate of himself that he can telepathically direct by staying perfectly immobile; While directing the duplicate to rob a bank, he is struck by a police van driven by a technician who is tracking the telepathic waves. "Rendezvous" one–page story, art by Dick Ayers. "The Last Robot" one-page story, art by Dick Ayers; A bald, monocled leader destroys the special investigator robot that was manufactured to destroy all other robots, saving mankind from robotic dominance. 36 pgs., full color. Cover price $0.10.