Amazing Spider-Man 1st series comic books issue 11
- 3 1/2" Cumulative spine split. Cover detached. Staples added (not manufacturing).
Auction opens April 5
- 4 1/2" Cumulative spine split. 1/2" Lateral spine tear. Cover detached. Tape on interior of cover.
- Paper: White
- Slab: Scuffing to inner well of case
- Label #3752572001
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($2.97) will be charged at checkout. It has been graded by MyComicShop's experienced graders.
- INCOMPLETE. Page missing, does not interrupt story. Spine of cover and first wrap split and held together with tape.
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($3.27) will be charged at checkout. It has been graded by MyComicShop's experienced graders.
- Interior is complete. Full length spine split, cover brittle.
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($4.20) will be charged at checkout. It has been graded by MyComicShop's experienced graders.
- INCOMPLETE. Missing ad page. Does not interrupt art or story. 2" Cumulative spine split.
Cover art by Steve Ditko and Jack Kirby. Turning Point, script by Stan Lee, art by Steve Ditko; Betty's brother has gotten himself into trouble with gambling debts and Betty is forced to help in Doc Ock's plot to break Blackie Gaxton out of prison to keep her sibling alive; Spider-Man interrupts the escape and Blackie shoots Bennett during the conflict; Gaxton is captured but Doc Ock gets away; Peter tries to comfort Betty over the loss of her brother. Reprinted in Marvel Tales # 148. House ads for Avengers #4 and Daredevil #1. Letter to the editor from comics artist Ken Landgraf. 36 pgs. $0.12. Cover price $0.12.
- Pedigree: John G. Fantucchio
- From the John G. Fantucchio collection, but comic does not include a certificate of authenticity.
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($1.14) will be charged at checkout. It has been graded by MyComicShop's experienced graders.
"Spawn of the Spider" Plot by Archie Goodwin. Script by Bill Mantlo. Pencils by Don Perlin. Inks by Jim Mooney. Cover by Gil Kane and Joe Sinnott. After posting bond for his dear Aunt May, Peter Parker needs money to pay his monthly rent! So in an unusual step, the web-slinger agrees to appear in a "B" movie featuring deadly spider-like monsters! However the amazing one doesn't know about the hostility among the director, producer, and costume designer! One of the three plans to sabotage the movie! And that means cancelling the act of its new star...Spider-Man! The twists and turns of the plot lead all the way to Yonkers! Where the battle between the wall-crawler and the Spider-Squad takes a front row seat! Cameo appearances by Mary Jane Watson, Anna Watson, and J. Jonah Jameson. Second story: "Chaos at the Coffee Bean!" Script by Scott Edelman. Pencils by John Romita Jr. (his first professional work). Inks by Al Milgrom. The Amazing Spider-Man foils a robbery at the Coffee Bean with Mary Jane by his side. 48 pages. Cover price $0.50.