Batman comic books issue 101
- 3/4" spine split, cover oxidation.
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($10.80) will be charged at checkout.
- Paper: Off white to white
- Slab: New, unblemished
- Label #1465113011
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($2.25) will be charged at checkout. It has been graded by MyComicShop's experienced graders.
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($1.14) will be charged at checkout. It has been graded by MyComicShop's experienced graders.
- INCOMPLETE. Pieces clipped. Interrupts art and story. Full length spine split.
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($1.47) will be charged at checkout. It has been graded by MyComicShop's experienced graders.
- Interior is complete. Rusty staples with rust migration.
Cover by Sheldon Moldoff. "The Vanished Batman," script by Edmond Hamilton, pencils by Sheldon Moldoff (as Bob Kane), inks by Stan Kaye; Gotham City is shocked to see Robin drive up to Police HQ one day in a Robinmobile, but he refuses to comment on the disappearance of his long-time partner in crime-fighting. The Case of the Careless Camper! public service announcement with Peter Porkchops. "The Six Strangest Sleuths," script by Edmond Hamilton, pencils by Sheldon Moldoff, inks by Charles Paris; When crooks rob the box office at a Vaudeville performers performance, Batman enlists the aid of six former vaudevillians to help track them down. One-page Casey the Cop story by Henry Boltinoff. Two-Wheeled Lawmen article by Jack Miller. Half-page Little Orvil story. "The Great Bat-Cape Hunt!", script by Bill Finger, pencils by Sheldon Moldoff, inks by Charles Paris; Batman loses his cape and cowl on a windy day in Gotham City, but, realizing it has his secret identity sewn into it, he makes every effort to retrieve it before crooks do. 36 pgs., full color. Cover price $0.10.
This item is not in stock. If you use the "Add to want list" tab to add this issue to your want list, we will email you when it becomes available.
The Batmania Bat-Bulletin #101 (see condition description at end) was issued only to Batmania club officers by national club president BilJo White, the nation's number one Batman fan. In 1965, David Johnson was elected state-lieutenant for Louisiana in the Batmanians Club. This is the certificate that was mailed to David by Biljo White. Only 50 of these sent out, maybe fewer as we can't be sure every state had a state-lieutenant. This may be the ONLY surviving copy a memorable piece of Silver Age fandom history. #101 comes with the original envelope (5c postage stamp) posted Sept. 19,1965 with a Batmania return address. A must for any serious Batman collector! In case you're wondering, Bat-Bulletin #101 is only one page; the other side is blank. CONDITION: Item was folded like a letter for envelope mailing, but as all copies were so mailed, the folding is considered normal and not a defect. Unrestored.