Quick Sale: Ship your comics cover priced $0.60 or less for an offer
No prior authorization required. Follow the instructions below and ship your comics.Comics eligible to be sold via Quick Sale:
- Comics with cover price $0.10: ELIGIBLE any grade, any quantity, even a single comic
- Comics with cover price $0.12: ELIGIBLE any grade, minimum quantity 50
- Comics with cover price $0.15 to $0.40: ELIGIBLE any grade, minimum quantity 100
- Comics with cover price $0.50 to $0.60: will be accepted only if in like-new condition (very fine to near mint), and these comics make up no more than 50% of the total quantity of comics submitted. Half or more of your comics must have cover prices $0.10 to $0.40.
IMPORTANT: Do not send comics with cover prices $0.65 or more for sale via Quick Sale. We pay nothing for such comics submitted via Quick Sale and they will not be returnable to you unless you cover the return shipping cost. If you have comics cover priced $0.65 or higher, you will need to sell them using our online want list.
Comic magazines and other over-sized comics may be submitted via Quick Sale even if the cover price is higher than $0.60, if they are published before 1980.
Once your comics arrive at our warehouse, you'll receive an offer within seven business days, and we pay immediately on your acceptance of our offer. If we are unable to agree on a price for your comics, we will return your comics to you at our expense if you have followed our submission guidelines above. You will have to pay your own return shipping if you send material that does not meet our submission guidelines (for example, more than half of the comics sent have cover price $0.50 or higher).
We pay immediately when you accept our offer. Unless you make other arrangements with us, your payment will be sent as a check made out to the name listed on your submission and mailed to the address you provided.
Tips for first time sellers
First time sellers may want to send a test lot first of just 100 comics, even if you have more comics than that to sell. If you are pleased with our offer and service, then you will likely want to continue selling the remainder of your comics. You can continue to make additional sales in 100 comic lots, or by selling an entire long box at a time (perfect for shipping), or you can ship your entire collection.
Before sending us your first Quick Sale submission we recommend you first get an offer from your local comic store or antique store so that you will have a basis of comparison to measure our offer against. Many of our repeat sellers tell us that our offers are two to ten times better than the offers they got locally.
About the current market
Action, Adventure, Superhero, Mystery, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Western, and War titles are the most collected. Humor, Archie, Dell, Gold Key, Harvey, funny animal (Disney, Looney Toons, etc.) comics are in less demand, and are very common in lower grades.
Comics cover priced $0.50 and higher that are not in like-new condition generally have very limited value and often do not justify the cost of shipping the comics to us for an offer.
Comics with little or no value
Sellers sometimes send comics that have little or value due to their condition, and are then disappointed in what we can offer for those comics. Obviously, the better the condition, the greater the likelihood a comic will have value--enough to justify sending it for an offer.
When sending comics to us for an offer, please keep the following in mind:
- Comics with cover prices $0.10 to $0.25: Most comics in any grade have value and will be worth offering to us.
- Comics with cover prices $0.30 to $0.40: We will accept these comics in any grade, but average values are lower than for older comics with cover prices $0.10 to $0.25.
- Comics with cover prices $0.50 to $0.60: Most have limited value if not in like-new condition. Unless these comics are in like-new condition (glossy undamaged covers, preferably bagged/boarded), you should not send them for an offer unless you are prepared to accept what may seem to you to be a very low offer price.
How to ship your comics
Ship your comics to:
Lone Star Comics
Attn: Comic Offer
1800 Timberlake Dr.
Arlington, TX 76010
Enclose a sheet of paper with the following information to insure prompt processing and payment. For clarity, we recommend printing this information using a computer. If writing by hand please print clearly.
PHONE NUMBER AND BEST TIME TO CALL
Please write or type in large letters on the paperwork: SHOW TO BUYING DEPARTMENT FOR AN OFFER
If shipping more than one box, number them "1 of 3", "2 of 3", "3 of 3", depending on how many you are shipping.