Batman (1940) 105
- 3/4" Cumulative spine split.
- 6" Cumulative spine split. Cover detached. Water damage.
Auction opens April 6
- INCOMPLETE. Missing pieces (slightly affects art and story). Chew.
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($1.80) will be charged at checkout. It has been graded by MyComicShop's experienced graders.
- Interior is complete. Near full length spine split, extensive accumulation of defects.
Cover by Sheldon Moldoff. "The Challenge of Batwoman," script by Bill Finger, pencils by Sheldon Moldoff (as Bob Kane), inks by Charles Paris; Batwoman believes that an amnesiac man she finds is really Batman and that she should re-train him in crime fighting methods; Since Batman is injured and must stay out of action, he and Robin go along with her mistake, but the man is really the leader of a gang of crooks. Half-page Casey the Cop story by Henry Boltinoff. Winter Sports Champions of the World public service announcement, script by Jack Schiff, art by Ruben Moreira. "The Second Boy Wonder!", script by France Herron, pencils by Sheldon Moldoff (as Bob Kane), inks by Charles Paris; After battling Gorilla Hardy and his gang, the Dynamic Duo arrive back at the Bat-Cave, but Robin has a surprise for his caped counterpart: he is NOT Dick Grayson, but Fred Loyd, who assumed the role after Dick Grayson was injured. "Gems in a Jam" text story. "The Mysterious Bat-Missile," pencils by Sheldon Moldoff (as Bob Kane), inks by Charles Paris; A strange vehicle materializes in the Bat-Cave which helps Batman and Robin in their crime fighting duties, but they are wary of its unknown origin. 2/3-page Casey the Cop story by Henry Boltinoff. 36 pgs., full color. Cover price $0.10.