Action comics comic books issue 252
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($18.51) will be charged at checkout. It has been graded by MyComicShop's experienced graders.
- 3" cumulative spine split with some splitting through wraps, centerfold detached. Tape over tears in front cover and first two wraps.
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($23.97) will be charged at checkout.
- Paper: Cream to off white
- Label #0274561001
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($13.50) will be charged at checkout.
It has been graded by MyComicShop's experienced graders.
Other items consigned by humble cow
- INCOMPLETE. Centerfold missing, affects art and story. Cover detached, 4" cumulative spine split.
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($14.40) will be charged at checkout. It has been graded by MyComicShop's experienced graders.
- INCOMPLETE. Remainder strip area missing from first page, affects art and story.
Cover pencils by Curt Swan, inks by Al Plastino. Origin and 1st appearance of Supergirl in "The Supergirl from Krypton!", script by Otto Binder, art by Al Plastino; Superman spies a crashing rocket and discovers his cousin Supergirl; She tells him how Argo City survived the destruction of Krypton and how her father sent her to Earth when the inhabitants of Argo City were threatened by Kryptonite poisoning; Superman sets her up in Midvale Orphanage so she can adjust to life on Earth. Intro new Metallo "The Menace of Metallo!", script by Robert Bernstein, art by Al Plastino; Criminal John Corben, who is nearly killed in an auto accident, is given a robot body powered by uranium; When he is hit by bullets meant for Lois, she assumes he is really Superman. 2/3-page Little Pete story by Henry Boltinoff. "Congo Bill Dies at Dawn!", script by Robert Bernstein, art by Howard Sherman. 36 Pages, Full Color. Cover price $0.10.
This item is not in stock. If you use the "Add to want list" tab to add this issue to your want list, we will email you when it becomes available.
For 37 years, DC comics have been printed at World Color Press in Sparta, Illinois. Now that era comes to an end as DC switches to new printing processes...but DC's not forgetting that part of its long history. DC presents the DC SILVER AGE CLASSICS, the last books printed on these presses. To commemorate the end of this era in comics publishing, ten classic comic books that were originally printed at World Color Press are being printed there again. The DC SILVER AGE CLASSICS have been selected for their importance to the history of the field and to the continuing heritage of DC Comics. THIS ISSUE: Re-presenting Action Comics (1938 DC) #252, featuring "The Supergirl from Krypton!", the story that introduced the original Supergirl to the comic book world. Written by Otto Binder, with art by Al Plastino. Also from #252: "The Menace of Metallo!" by Robert Bernstein and Plastino, and "Congo Bill Dies at Dawn!" by Bernstein and Howard Sherman. Cover price $1.00.