Detective comics comic books issue 400
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($24.15) will be charged at checkout.
- CGC Signature Series
- Paper: Off white to white
- Slab: New, unblemished
- Signed by Neal Adams on 04/04/2015.
- Label #1289316003
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($4.50) will be charged at checkout. It has been graded by MyComicShop's experienced graders.
- Cover detached at one staple.
Cover by Neal Adams. Milestone issue featuring 1st appearance of Man-Bat in "Challenge of the Man-Bat!", script by Frank Robbins, pencils by Neal Adams, inks by Dick Giordano; Zoologist Kirk Langstrom is working late at the Gotham Natural History Museum putting together a bat habitat; he aims to perfect a serum that can endow people with enhanced auditory abilities via a specialized bat gland extract; Elsewhere in the city, a group of thieves known as the Blackout Gang break into a vault; Back at the museum, Kirk Langstrom is pleased with his progress and decides to test his new formula upon himself; he mutates into Man-Bat. "A Burial for Batgirl!," script by Denny O'Neil, pencils by Gil Kane, inks by Vince Colletta; Barbara Gordon has come to Hudson University to help with a Edgar Allen Poe festival; She discovers a murder and captures Hank Osher, who appears to be the murderer; Batgirl begins to believe that Hank has been framed and investigates further, which leads to her being captured and bricked into a wall. Letter to the editor from writer Alan Brennert. 36 pgs., full color. $0.15. Cover price $0.15.