Tales of suspense comic books issue 52
Auction opens October 4
- Paper: Off white to white
- Slab: Minor side edge cracks
- Extra staple added after manufacturing.
- Label #0320144001
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($24.00) will be charged at checkout.
- Paper: Cream to off white
- Slab: Standard, no notable issues
- Label #53C7FA-006
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($14.85) will be charged at checkout. It has been graded by MyComicShop's experienced graders.
- Restored (see item notes)
- RESTORATION. Color touch (white area of front cover painted over). Centerfold nearly detached.
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($16.77) will be charged at checkout. It has been graded by MyComicShop's experienced graders.
- 1" Cumulative spine split. Cover detached at one staple. Slight staple rust.
Cover pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Paul Reinman. First appearance of the Black Widow in "The Crimson Dynamo Strikes Again!", script by Stan Lee (plot) and Don Rico (as N. Korok), art by Don Heck; The Black Widow and Boris are sent to America to kill Anton Vanko, the Crimson Dynamo, for defecting to America; They are also tasked with killing both Iron Man and Tony Stark. The first half of "The Magician" text story. "The Seance!", script by Stan Lee (plot) and Larry Lieber, pencils by Larry Lieber, inks by Chic Stone; A fake medium uses special effects to simulate supernatural powers, but he is taken into the spirit world by real ghosts as punishment. "The Failure!", script by Stan Lee (plot) and Larry Lieber (script), pencils by Larry Lieber, inks by Paul Reinman; The Earth of the future is overwhelmingly materialistic, except for one idealistic young man and his lover; They are abducted by aliens, who have determined that he is the best suited to be absolute ruler of their empire. This issue includes a statement of ownership - average print run, 318,932; average paid circulation, 188,005. 36 pgs., full color. $0.12. Cover price $0.12.