Crime and Punishment (1948) 1
- Paper: Off white to white
- Label #1222351003
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($5.97) will be charged at checkout.
- Paper: Cream to off white
- Slab: Other - see grading notes
- Minor side edge cracks. Scuffing to front and back of case. Piece of fuzz inside case.
- Label #0105244001
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($2.70) will be charged at checkout. It has been graded by MyComicShop's experienced graders.
- 3" cumulative spine split.
Cover by Charles Biro. Stories and art by Dan Barry, Claude Moore, Dick Wood and Charles Biro. A companion series to Crime Does Not Pay from the same publisher, slightly less violent and with more emphasis on police work. Each story starts with a little gravestone, showing the date and method of the criminal's death. Narrated by a ghost cop, Officer Common Sense. Bespectacled killer Danny Iamascia is even more dangerous with his glasses off - to his fellow hoods and himself. The story of notorious German serial killer Peter Kurten, known as The Vampire of Dusseldorf. Bootlegger Charles "Vannie" Higgins, called "Brooklyn's Last Irish Boss" is notorious for his escapes from the law. The Crimson Story of Vannie Higgins; Danny Iamascia, Dutch Schultz's Triggerman; Gyp Artist; Small Fry Killer; Butcher of Dusseldorf; Fingerprints Can't Be Changed!; The Feud of Happy McNulty and Fancy Campbell. 48 pages, Full Color. Cover price $0.10.