Crime Does Not Pay (1942) 43
- Paper: White
- Slab: Scuffing to inner well of case
- Label #2021274010
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($10.77) will be charged at checkout.
- Paper: Off white to white
- Slab: Minor side edge crack
- 5 pieces of tape on interior cover.
- Label #8ACD47-002
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($3.00) will be charged at checkout. It has been graded by MyComicShop's experienced graders.
- Interior is complete. Near full-length spine split, oxidation to cover.
- This is a consignment item. A 3% buyer's premium ($4.50) will be charged at checkout. It has been graded by MyComicShop's experienced graders.
- Interior is complete. Brittle interior spine with splitting through most wraps.
Cover by Charles Biro. Stories and art by Robert Bernstein, Jack Alderman, Rudy Palais, Woody Hamlton, Vernon Henkel, and Charles Biro. The title that launched the crime comics genre, Crime Does Not Pay was noted for its violent pre-Code content and lurid tales of underworld life. An unhinged circus clown, spurned by a woman after making a declaration of love (in full clown regalia), then murders her (still in full clown regalia). The infamous Burke and Hare get jobs providing corpses to early medical schools, but when they run out of bodies, they start making fresh ones. Drunken med-school reject "Doc" Moran becomes the underworld's favorite physician. Also featuring a vintage PSA about recognizing honorably discharged veterans. The Bookkeeping Bandit; Case of the Love Sick Clown; Ghouls' Gold; The Folly of Johnny Bananas; The Case of the Impossible Suicide; Doctor of Evil; Whodunnit. 48 pages, Full Color. Cover price $0.10.