Customer Service Hours and Contact Information
Our hours are Monday thru Friday 9AM to 5PM Central Time. Our offices are closed Saturday and Sunday. You can reach us by phone at 1 (817) 860-7827 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Timely Shipping And Delivery
All online orders ship same or next business day. Subscription Service orders ship by Thursday of each week according to the shipping frequency you've chosen (weekly, twice-monthly, monthly). Piggybacked orders must be charged before Wednesday to be included in a subservice shipment.
Payment must be made by credit card (Master Card, Visa, American Express, or Discover) or PayPal. For subscription service orders, only credit card may be used, not PayPal.
If you are a new customer without an established history of ordering from us high value orders (at our discretion) must be paid by bank transfer, check, or money order. Once you have an established order history with us you will be able to use credit card or PayPal payment for higher value orders.
Time Payments Available For Large Purchases
MyComicShop accepts time payments over six months for purchases over $1000:
- The purchase must be paid off within six months. Any longer payoff periods must be requested before making the purchase and approved by us.
- An initial deposit of 25% of the order total is due within 14 days of order submission to secure the order. This deposit, as well as all subsequent installment payments, are non-refundable. Time payments, once entered into, may not be canceled and are not refundable. If you have any doubt about your ability to complete the required payments on time you should not make the purchase.
- Payments are considered late, and the order subject to cancellation, if an installment payment is more than 30 days late.
- If purchasing a consigned item, we charge a finance fee of 10% of the amount financed. However, if the consignor is willing to wait to be paid by MCS until the item has been fully paid off, we will waive the finance fee. For big ticket items, many consignors are okay with waiting which can save you that 10% finance fee. For items purchased from MyComicShop's own non-consignment inventory, there is no finance fee.
- Your purchase will be shipped to you once it has been paid in full.
What happens if my order is lost or damaged?
Please see our return policy to see how we'll take care of you in the event something goes wrong.
First Printings, Reprints, and Newsstand and Direct Editions
All comics offered are original first printings unless otherwise noted.
Some comics were published in both a newsstand version and a direct edition that differ in little more than the barcode (one with a barcode, one without). Newsstand and direct editions are found most commonly in comics published by Marvel and DC between approximately 1982 and 1996, although they can also be found with other publishers or outside this year range.
In cases where there are sigificant differences between the newsstand and direct editions (cover enhancements, different cover art, etc.), we will list the newsstand and direct editions as two separate, clearly labeled issue listings. If the only difference between newsstand and direct is a minor difference in the barcode area, our issue listing may not differentiate between the two versions.
For comics priced $15 or more we will almost always provide a cover image showing you the exact comic offered in the listing. For comics below $15, we will usually show a a generic image of that issue, but not the exact comic you will receive. If that particular issue has both a newsstand version and a direct version, you might receive one or the other, and the appearance could differ slightly from the generic issue image shown. The image might show the newsstand version and you could receive the direct version, or vice versa.
Unfortunately, if our issue listings do not already differentiate newsstand or direct versions, we are unable to accommodate requests to only receive one type of issue or the other.
We often restrict the number of new comics allowed to be purchased per person to ensure availability to as many customers as possible. Many new comics are limited to two per buyer and some will be limited to one each.
Many of our new release comics are sold as "new" without a grade assigned. Unless otherwise noted in the listing, comics sold as new should grade in the Very Fine to Near Mint range. Many incentive variants and other higher priced new releases will still have grades assigned to them.
International Shipping Availability
Bulky and fragile items, as well as items with certain types of mature content, may be restricted to domestic orders only.
We cannot modify your order's contents once your order has been placed. This means we cannot do any of the following once you've placed your order:
- Add or remove items from this order
- Combine multiple orders into one order
- Substitute one item for another
- Substitute one condition for another if the condition you initially ordered is not available.
Please see our Order Cancellation Policy
Shipping to Prisons
Unfortunately we are unable to ship to prisons because orders shipped to prisons are frequently blocked by prison administration. Reasons they cite for blocking comic shipments include concerns about content as well as the potential for staples to be used to make weapons.
Shipping to Hotels
We may or may not be able to ship to a hotel. If you would like to ship to a hotel, please email us prior to submitting your order at email@example.com to confirm your schedule. You will need to use a fast enough shipping method to insure reliable delivery during the time you will be at the hotel. We may decline to ship the order if we are not confident it will reach you during your stay at the hotel.
We will never release any of your information to any third party. For more information, read our Privacy Statement.
Lone Star Comics reserves the right not to do business with any customer, for any reason.